• Our Ottawa personal training studio is 100% Private facility, door is locked and coded only active clients have access codes. Everything is continuously and meticulously cleaned.
• Only 2 clients and 2 trainers are present in the facility ( 4 total) limiting distraction or waiting to use equipment.
• Time efficient: clients train for only 30 minutes once or on rare occasions twice a week based on the landmark book by Dr. McGuff ‘Body by Science’.
• No inexperienced trainers: Too many people get injured from a lack of proper knowledge and experience.
• Slow controlled movements to build intensity: No fake, fast/explosive and supposedly athletic actions that promote injuries.
• Individualized exercise only: You are not forced into a cut-and-paste routine.
• No generic fad devices: All our equipment was hand-picked ( and much of it is rare/collectible) to produce highly specialized movements.
• No up selling or overselling. Our goal for you is to spend the least amount of time to achieve maximum results – not pad our rosters.
• We are science-based: Our training is based on stress physiology and physics. We go well beyond the standard low-budget, small-sample studies created for college athletes. Dr. McGuff’s book ‘Body by Science’ explains it well – this is not a fad this is evidence based exercise.
• We are not about showing off. It’s about helping you perform the optimal workout by digging and discovering what works best for you and perfecting that.
• We get you to perform hard, direct exercise to get strong. It’s not about just trying to burn fat or be entertained. We know that “feeling” like you had a good workout is only a small part of getting real benefits.
• Even though we require less of a time commitment than most trainers, you must commit, as well. Your personal training sessions are scheduled appointments and this is enforced; you are expected to prioritize your workouts.
• You will not be “handled”: Change can be uncomfortable and won’t happen without honest effort. We don’t lower the bar for anyone just to collect our fee.
• We strongly promote the survivor/achiever attitude and don’t tolerate excessive self-pity or a victim mindset.
• If you have a tricky or cumbersome physical issue, we have the patience and creativity to devise a custom solution.
• We will give you honest feedback – not just friendly talk to keep you coming back.
• Looking more fit and feeling more attractive is a common (and welcome) side effect of our sessions, but we measure success by ensuring you develop significant strength and stamina.
Studio equipment overview
Interested in our Ottawa personal training strength studio? Email for an application now: firstname.lastname@example.org